Theft Crimes Lawyers in Wilkes-Barre
Fighting on Behalf of Clients across Luzerne & Lackawanna Counties
Have you been accused of a theft crime in Pennsylvania? Your future could be at risk. It is important to obtain qualified legal assistance from a team of criminal defense lawyers you can trust.
At Mack Law Offices, our attorneys have represented clients who faced a variety of charges, including:
- Receiving stolen property
- Credit card theft
- Auto theft
- Access device fraud
Call (570) 258-8285 now to have your case evaluated by our knowledgeable legal professionals during a free consultation.
How Theft Crimes Convictions May Be Punished
Generally, theft involves taking property that belongs to someone else or exercising control over that property. The crime can be as simple as taking a candy bar from a shop or as complex as robbing a bank. The penalties for theft in Pennsylvania are determined by the amount or value of the allegedly stolen property.
The classifications of theft crimes and their penalties are as follows:
- Third-degree misdemeanor: Up to 1 year in jail and a maximum fine of $2,500
- Second-degree misdemeanor: Up to 2 years in jail and a maximum fine of $5,000
- First-degree misdemeanor: Up to 5 years in jail and a maximum fine of $10,000
- Third-degree felony: Up to 7 years in jail and a maximum fine of $15,000
- Second-degree felony: Up to 10 years in jail and a maximum fine of $25,000
- First-degree felony: Up to 20 years in jail and a maximum fine of $25,000
Regardless of the type of theft crime committed, penalties may be enhanced in the presence of aggravating conditions, such as when a gun is used in the commission of a crime.
Talk to Our Knowledgeable Criminal Defense Attorneys
If you have been arrested and charged with theft, you could benefit from a team of lawyers that has 48 years of combined criminal defense experience. When you turn to Mack Law Offices, you can be confident that your case is being handled efficiently and effectively.
Very personal and cares a lot.- Previous Client
Mark was terrific. My son and I are so very grateful.- Previous Client
Mark fought for me.- Larry