Drug Crimes Attorneys in Wilkes-Barre
Extensive Courtroom & Trial Experience in Luzerne & Lackawanna Counties
No matter the nature or severity of the offense, the consequences of a drug crime conviction can be devastating and far-reaching.
If you have been arrested for a drug crime in Pennsylvania, turn to Mack Law Offices. Our skilled criminal defense lawyers have 48 years of combined experience helping people reduce or even dismiss the charges against them. We have handled thousands of cases and have an impressive track record of success.
Take action to get the defense you need, by dialing (570) 258-8285 now. Our Wilkes-Barre drug crimes lawyers also offer services in Spanish and Russian.
Know the Consequences of Drug Crimes
The penalties for a drug crime conviction in Pennsylvania are some of the harshest in the country. The sentencing will be determined based on several factors, including the nature of the crime, the type and quantity of drugs, and the alleged offender’s past criminal record.
Penalties for common drug convictions include the following:
- First offense drug possession: A maximum fine of $5,000 and up to 1 year in jail
- Subsequent offense drug possession: A maximum fine of $25,000 and up to 3 years in jail
- Possession of marijuana (30 g or less): A maximum fine of $500 and up to 30 days in jail
- Possession of drug paraphernalia: A maximum fine of $500 and up to 1 year in jail
- First offense drug trafficking: Depending on the amount, penalties range from 2 to 5 years in prison and a fine of anywhere between $5,000 and $25,000
- Subsequent offense drug trafficking: Depending on the amount, penalties range from 3 to 7 years in prison and a fine of anywhere between $10,000 and $50,000
Besides incarceration and fines, there are several other potential consequences of a drug crime conviction. If convicted of a drug offense, you may also face a driver’s license suspension, loss of employment, higher insurance premiums, mandatory treatment programs, loss of your ability to obtain loans, and loss of parental rights.
Drug Charges Don’t Always Mean Drug Convictions
Being arrested for and charged with a drug crime does not mean that you will be convicted. You have the right to defend yourself against your charges. Mack Law Offices is here to help you do so effectively. When you turn to our Wilkes-Barre drug crimes attorneys, you can have peace of mind knowing that your case is in good hands.
Very personal and cares a lot.- Previous Client
Mark was terrific. My son and I are so very grateful.- Previous Client
Mark fought for me.- Larry